1 Tbsp olive oil
1 large, sweet onion – small dice ¼ to ½”
2 cloves garlic – minced
1. Cup arborio rice
½. Cup Iron Hub Sauvignon Blanc – or other dry white wine
2 Cups chicken broth
2 Tbsp butter
2 oz parmesan cheese – finely grated
Salt & pepper to taste
- Using the sauté setting on the instant pot, add olive and allow it to heat up. Sauté onions, stirring occasionally, until soft, approximately 4 to 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook 1 minute more.
- Add arborio rice and stir to mix with garlic, onion, and olive oil. Make sure to completely coat and sauté for 2 minutes until fragrant and the rice is chalky white in appearance.
- Add the white wine and deglaze the pot, being sure to scrape up the browned bits from the bottom and continue to sauté until the wine has been absorbed. Approximately 3 minutes.
- Press the Cancel button to stop the sauté process. Add, the chicken broth and stir to combine.
- Place the instant pot lid on and set the valve to sealing. Pressure Cook on High for 5 minutes. When the instant pot beeps it is done, quick release until the float valve has been completely depressed.
- Remove the lid from the instant pot. Add butter and one-third of the parmesan cheese, stirring with a rubber spatula until smooth. Add another one-third of the parmesan cheese, using a rubber spatula to fold it into risotto, and the cheese has melted. Add the last one-third of parmesan and stir until completely smooth. Taste and add pepper or salt if needed. Parmesan is naturally salty and if using salted butter, you may not have to add any salt.