- This event has passed.
Behind the Cellar Door
March 26, 2021 @ 10:30 am - 4:30 pm
An event every day that begins at 10:30 am, repeating until March 28, 2021
Experience the Art of Winemaking at Behind the Cellar Door 2021!
Perfect for wine enthusiasts and newbies alike, Behind the Cellar Door is a weekend filled with world class Amador wine, delectable food pairings, barrel samples and hard-to-find vintages, all in an intimate Amador Wine Country setting. Behind the Cellar Door is one of the most entertaining and educational wine events anywhere.
At each stop, guests will enjoy a flight of 4-6 wines that includes at least one barrel sample and thoughtful food pairings to accompany the wine flight, all delivered by knowledgeable staff that will discuss the winemaking process.
Make Iron Hub Winery your first stop. Relax on our lovely patio with gorgeous Sierra views and sip Iron Hub’s premium wines. Iron Hub’s father-son winemaking team will offer a white wine or a red wine barrel sample. The barrel samples give you a peek into the future and allow comparison with the bottled wines. We are serving our salmon chowder with bacon (recipe available) and crusty ciabatta bread. Your flight of 4 Iron Hub wines has been paired with the chowder for a delightful experience. Special wine offers available too.
Our 2021 event will look a little different than previous years, while maintaining the core idea of giving our guests a sampling of incredible Amador wine and delectable food pairings along with a fun, engaging peek into the winemaking process behind our cellar doors.
Our first priority is the safety of our guests and staff. Strict COVID safety protocols will be adhered to at all Amador Vintners member wineries, including capacity restrictions to ensure adequate physical distancing.
For BCD 2021, all experiences will be BY RESERVATION ONLY and guests will choose their weekend adventure when purchasing a ticket. All reservations will be made through a centralized reservation system as part of the ticketing process. Guests will choose up to four (4) stops per day. Reservations will all take place at the same times each day at all 43 of our member wineries.
Some important factors to keep in mind:
- Our #SipSafely guidelines will be followed at all times during the Behind the Cellar Door weekend.
- Group size will be limited to 6 (six) people.
- Reservations/parties may not be combined either before the event or at winery locations the day of the event.
- All tickets for your group must be purchased together in one transaction. For example, if you are a group of four (two couples), you will need to designate one person to purchase all four tickets in one transaction.
- Each winery will have capacity restrictions; therefore, reservations will fill up quickly so you will want to book early, especially for larger groups (4-6 people).
- Winery offerings will be listed on BCDAmador.com as they become available. You will want to review the winery offerings and have a good idea of your first, second and third choices when you start the ticketing process.
- There will be no day-of ticket sales and advanced ticket sales will end on Sunday March 21st.
- Tickets are expected to go on sale on Monday February 8th. Check BCDAmador.com or follow us on social media (@AmadorWine on all platforms) for more information and to purchase tickets when they go on sale.
We added Friday for 2021!
In order to help accommodate more guests under current capacity restrictions, we added a third day to experience the Behind the Cellar Door weekend! So whether you just want to avoid the crowds over the weekend or want to take it all in with three days of fantastic food and wine, the choice is yours with the addition of a third day for the event.